2015 BIO-DIESEL BLITZ
North Carolina State Law requires that the public schools (in total) purchase 2% bio-diesel for use in school buses during the course of the year.
DPI has identified funding to offset the additional cost of purchasing B-20 (20%) bio-diesel from the state contract during the first half of 2015. Here’s how it works to participate in the 2015 Biodiesel Blitz:
- Complete the form and fax it to DPI Transportation Services by February 15, 2015.
- Once you receive the approved form faxed back to you, you may proceed with ordering the requested number of gallons of bio-diesel (this may be one load or multiple loads).
- DPI Transportation Services will allot fifty cents per gallon in mid-April based on (2) above.
- Fax or mail copies of invoices to DPI upon receipt of the bio-diesel.
- DPI must take back any funds allotted for the Blitz not supported by invoices in early June.
- Counties participating in the bio-diesel blitz will be listed at WWW.NCBUSSAFTEY.ORG and in a press release issued by DPI.
All diesel school buses in North Carolina can utilize bio-diesel in concentrations of 20% or less. DOT has successfully used millions of gallons in recent years. Several LEAs have used B-20 bio-diesel in school buses in recent years without incident. Please review additional information on the use of bio-diesel in school buses here.
- State Contract for Bio-Diesel
- Fuel Pricing
- Bio-Diesel Brochure
- Bio-Diesel in Burke County (FOX News)